Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Find Out How Many Calories In My School Lunch

Germany: minister 'cut and paste' resigns, Mr. B is not

Written by The Fact's Daily 02/03/2011

Minister patrol boats of the German government of Angela Merkel has run resigned because he plagiarized the thesis: Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg, married von Bismarck, a concentrate of all the nobility of his country, responsible for defense, has not stood in front of the charges against him, despite his denials and support never negatogli chancellor. The storm on

zu Guttenberg had unleashed in mid-February, when a German newspaper, the Süddeutsche Zeiteung, had published the first revelations about the thesis copied. But Merkel had argued to the pie 'firm' with a heavy heart "has accepted the resignation es'é that" certain "to go back to work one day with a man who showed" with a passion "and that has been able to "touch people's hearts."

For the moment, the baron, a young, 39 years, the most popular minister of the Merkel government, he resigned all his political: "I was always ready to fight, he said, announcing his resignation," but I've reached the limit of my strength: "I offer my apologies to all those who have offended, "have now added the former minister, evoking the sense of responsibility and denouncing" the massive critical to my credibility. "

His denials, the backing of Merkel and the plebiscite in favor of public (three out of four Germans were opposed to the resignation) is not enough for an epilogue Italian: no one leaves the place and everyone is happy (So \u200b\u200bno one will do it itself). In two weeks, allegations of plagiarism have got the better of KT, as his fans call the Baron minister.

Mind you, not that you do not understand the seriousness of the charges against zu Guttenberg, who would have copied the idea, compared to the little things which are sometimes blamed on our politicians, corruption, extortion, abuse, exploitation of a minor, perhaps. In America, for plagiarism, there are those who played the White House has run, as somebody has run resigned as minister for taking a baby-sitter in black and deputy for having betrayed his wife.

Minister atypical-the definition of AFP-, zu Guttenberg, Doctor of Law from 2007, head of economics in February 2009, then the defense eight months later, is political and popular man of the world use to feed his wife, beautiful and elegant, the gossip columns. His name was even mentioned among the successors of Merkel, who will now have to choose a new defense minister, in the ranks of the CSU, the 'sister' Bavarian's CDU, which owns the misconduct.

zu Guttenberg's fall was accelerated by the 'race for plagiarism' was unleashed on the internet after the release of the allegations: the minister had now become the Baron 'cut and paste' or Baron 'von Googleberg'. On 23, the University Bayreuth him off the title, over 50 000 academic sent an indignant letter to the chancellor, fired on the press' 'liar' and calls for the resignation multiplied in the same conservative camp. Self-defense of

zu Guttenberg was neither clear nor convincing denials and partial admissions, as more significant. And the scope of Merkel became ever more closely, in a difficult context of the government, defeated in February elections in Hamburg and expected competition from six other regional elections this year.

In announcing his resignation, zu Guttenberg, however, has found a high tone, which did not always had in the last two weeks: "It 's the most painful step of my life. And I do not go away just because of my PhD thesis so full of errors ... The reason lies in the question of whether I can still meet the expectations that I consider to derive from my responsibilities as any other ... I take responsibility for my weaknesses and My mistake: those big and small ones on the political agenda, to the preparation of my doctoral thesis ... Many may wonder why I just resign today. First there is a very human reason: to believe that nobody can easily resign from the more deeply to his heart ... It 's my belief that the public interest as well as my own interest that the Prosecutor's investigations, for example in relation to issues of copyright, may be carried out quickly, once lose his parliamentary immunity, if that were necessary ... In this sense I agree with my opponents actually had not been called to the Minister of self-defense, but the Ministry of Defence. It will conclude with an unusual sentence for a politician: I was always ready to fight, but I reached the limits of my strength. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment